Tuesday, October 14, 2008

WFMW - It's good to know people

On Tuesday!

I am writing this post on Tuesday, if you would like to know why, please read last week's WFMW posted Here.

A lot of things don't work for me, but one thing that does is having friends I can call on when I need help. As a single mom, I don't have a handy husband to fix everything. In comes my friends. One friend (you know who you are) is a handy dandy furnace and hot water installer and had the necessary skills to hook up my new bathtub! While he was at it he also installed shut off valves for the sink and tub. What does it cost me? Free babysitting. It kind of reminds me of the olden days when you would trade a chicken for a check up at the Doctor's. I am going to babysit his lovely daughter for a few evenings in trade for labor. Another friend came and installed my drywall and did the mudding and taping. I might babysit for him too, but he has 3 rambunctious boys and I am not sure I have the patience for that! Then, yet another friend came and helped me move all my furniture on Saturday. I owe him pizza and beer. Maybe I am lucky I don't have a husband. He surely would have gotten irritated at his honey-do list by now. OH! And of course I wouldn't be anywhere without my Daddy. He runs me around to hardware stores in his truck when something won't fit in my little car. What would a girl do without her Daddy? So, in summary, what works for me is having friends work for me!!!

P.S. Remind me not to "gut" any rooms in my house in the near future or those friends might become "people I used to know". ;0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Post!

I love your blog. Nice Job!

I would love for you to come and visit me and see the benefits of using an MP3 player for storytime for children.

See you there!

Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/

Unknown said...

This was so funny! I was a single Mom for a few years, and I have to say, even now that I am married, those handy friends still come in handy : ). My very sweet and wonderful husband can't do ANYTHING around the house, so I am glad I made some helpful friends back in the day : ).