Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3 days to go!

and I think I broke my toe!

Hmmm... some highlights of the last few weeks for you before I dig into the fun story!

  • my shopping is done except for one exchange I have to do tomorrow
  • the presents are all wrapped
  • I still don't have a job, but have had lots of interviews and am hoping that some of them will come through next week for me!
  • I found a renter for the townhouse, so that is one mortgage payment we do not have to worry about
  • I started making candy bouquets and am really proud of how they are turning out. I might start selling them for fun. I sold one for cost to a friend of mine for her to send to her husband at work and he loved it!

  • 1 Christmas dinner down, 2 to go. I made Christmas dinner at my sister in law's house for my Father in law and his wife for our Christmas visit with them. We did it early because they are going away for Christmas. I made a stuffed pork roast. It was so good.
  • I made food for my daughter's Christmas party at school and one kid said it was the best thing he ever tasted! All I did was wrap hot dogs in biscuit dough and bake it!
  • I attended on Christmas fundraising concert for the kid's school, one family fun night at the kids school, and one Christmas assembly at the kid's school.

  • My husband had the scarlett fever
  • I hosted a Christmas party with all my girlfriends. We had a blast!
  • I helped my sister and my mom get their shopping done, and helped my mom with some wrapping
  • I did a holiday baking session with my mom and sister, the butter tarts didn't turn out, but the cookies were fantastic (and the fudge!)

And that about sums up the last few weeks for me!!! Crazy! Between job interviews, searching for a job, showing the townhouse, getting Christmas ready, etc, I am ready for a vacation! (Note to husband who never reads my blog, I would like a vacation for Christmas, please and thank you!)

Anyhow, so my daughter is fighting off some stomach bug or something. She started at 4 am on Saturday morning with the puking, then it turned into diarrhea. And she has had it since. So this morning she was in the tub and I was in there washing her hair and helping her dry off and she screeches that she has to poop! So I jumped off the toilet (where I was sitting to start brushing her hair) flipped up the lid on it, and ran for the door while trying to pull the door shut behind me all in one fluid movement. My middle name is Ann, which means Grace, and I have none of it! My baby toe caught the door frame and I screamed in agony and went down. My son came running up the stairs "Mommy, are you all right? Wait, you are lying on the floor screaming, of course you are not all right!" So, I think I broke it. I have been hobbling around all day and it is just getting worse. I finally took a painkiller this evening and it feels much better, but it was so sore earlier I almost passed out when I got off the couch and put weight on it. The good news is my daughter made it to the toilet!!!

Hopefully I will have time to post more now that my Christmas stuff is all caught up!

No comments: