Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Our summer so far...

Here is a summary of our summer so far!

  • We started summer off by going to the library and joining the summer reading club.  Everytime the kids go in to exchange books they get to roll the dice and move their little token around the board they get a free "something" (pencil, eraser, whistle).  It's great fun and encourages them to read over the summer!  Score! 
  • We have gone to Grandma's a few times and visited but she is spending a lot of her summer at my Aunt's house in BC so not as much as I had planned.
  • We have met my sister for brunch a bunch of times and gone shopping.
  • We attended 2 beautiful weddings.
  • We did a tour of the oldest standing building in Alberta and also saw a real tomb.  http://culture.alberta.ca/museums/historicsiteslisting/fatherlacombechapel/default.aspx
  • We went to a Canada Day parade and my son was in the parade with his Karate group.
  • We went to a rope climbing gym.  I watched, but it is amazing how fearless my kids can be!
The baby is growing like a weed!  She is 13 lbs already (at 12 weeks) and we are just completely in love with her!  She is giving me 7 hours of solid sleep a night so it might be time to transition her to her crib in her own room.  She is quickly outgrowing her bassinet!  I am sure she is in the bassinet more for me than for her now.

We still have lots planned for the rest of summer though! 
  • Swimming lessons
  • a Fair
  • Farmer's Markets
  • Fishing
  • a possible trip to Vancouver Island
  • And much much more!
I am still looking for healthy lunch and snack ideas!  :)  We can only eat KD so many times in a row before we get bored with it!

No comments: