Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wishing there was more hours in the day.

As you know I got married just over 2 weeks ago. Now, I am trying to be a good wife, a good mother, and still find time for the things that make me, me! But honestly there is just not enough time in the day for cooking, cleaning, playing with kids, working full time, surfing the internet, laundry, errands, reading Harry Potter, and sleep!

If anyone knows of a cheap and/or free house keeper please send them my way.

I am trying to get back into meal planning to make things easier when I get home from work. Tonight we are having steak and baked potatoes and some kind of veggie. Tomorrow night I think burgers and maybe some homemade fries (I love julienning potatoes, tossing with a little olive oil and seasoning salt and baking them. So yummy and not all that bad for you!) Friday night... I dunno!

I am also trying to get the kids more involved in chores and we started giving them allowance ($5 a week) to encourage this.

Things I am trying to find time and energy to do in the near future are:

  1. Clean out pantry
  2. Organize kitchen (make room for wedding presents)
  3. Clean out and wash car (soooo bad after a few road trips over the summer!)
  4. Clean out and organize all of our closets and send rejected clothes to goodwill

And of course while I am trying to get everything done, I am getting a cold. So last night I said screw it and went to bed early. Yep... great wife and mother... not such a good housewife!!! LOL.

Please share any tips you might have! I tried fly lady, but it really doesn't work for a mom working full time I find.

No comments: