Friday, October 23, 2009

From cool suburban mom to trash in 24 hours or less

I had the funniest experience today. Well, at least I can laugh looking back on it!

So I was home all day with my sick kid and I was planning on going to the grocery store for the last day of dollar days to stock up on a few things but her darn fever wouldn't break. Needless to say when my husband came home I saw my escape and took it! I grabbed my non-sick son and we fled! Halfway there I realized I had not combed my hair or put on make up or anything yet. I found a hair clip in the car and tried to make the best of the situation. When I got home my husband came outside to help unload and looked at me and smirked. I said "what?" and he goes "did you look in the mirror before you left the house?" I said "no" and he made some comment about how I should at least brush my hair. I asked him if I looked that bad and he says "Oh, I am sure they get all sorts of country bumpkins and white trash in that store, don't worry, you blended right in". So when I got inside I looked in the mirror. What a wreck!!! Then I realized that not only did I look like trash, but I just spent $45 on dollar items, so they probably figured I definitely was!

Oh well, I usually wear make up and brush my hair so they won't recognize me at all next time I go in, right?

No comments: