Let's see, a quick review of the last couple of months:
- continued recovering from surgery
- mother's day BBQ at my mom's
- Had a really good friend come up for a week and stay with us. Hosted a BBQ with some other friends while she was here!
- Took a trip to Vegas for my husband's job. Ate well, slept well. It was too hot. LOL. Gambled too much money! But that's ok since it was mostly a free trip.
- Celebrated my birthday! My husband bought me a margaritaville mixer and strawberry daquiri and pina colada mix. YUM!
- Celebrated my son's birthday on Father's day, BBQ at my parent's house.
- My son chose to go on a family trip instead of having a party, so the following weekend we went on a day trip to another city to go to the zoo, then took the long way back through the mountains. It was a long day! We left at 6:30 am and returned at 1:30 am that night!
- Started my new job!
- Fairly quiet month. My husband took some time off and finished our deck, we have a railing now! And privacy lattice wrapped around one end so that the nosy neighbors can't watch us enjoy our deck!
- Spent a weekend at my parent's lake lot. Did some swimming, relaxed, played some badminton, roasted marshmallows, and had fun!
- Celebrated my daughter's birthday with dinner out.
- Happy Anniversary! We celebrated our 1 year anniversary by taking the kids to the mountains. We went for a hike up a mountain and found a gorgeous lake. It was a very nice vacation. We only took a long weekend for it, but it was perfect!
- Refinished a dresser for my daughter and rearranged the kid's bedrooms.
- Went on a day trip with my mom and sister to get lost in a corn maze!
- Back to school preparations!!! School started on August 30th.