Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I suck at thinking of titles....

Especially since my posts are usually random bits of crap. lol. No topic to speak of and I can only use "random" so many times.

I have spent the last few days trying to play catch up on housework. Cuz, you know, when mom is out of commission for a week nothing gets done! I had a talk with my new husband the other night and told him he either needed to help out more or let me quit my job. Since we are incredibly far in debt right now, I think he decided to help out more. Amazingly enough I came home last night to the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded. Hmm... Interesting.

We finally made it to the public library last night. It was a necessity. If you refer to my bucket list post you will notice that # 93 says read all the Harry Potter books! I am finally doing it! I was borrowing them from my new Brother in Law but he only had up to the Order of the Phoenix. So I HAD to go the library last night because I finished it on Monday night and couldn't wait to start Half Blood Prince. So last night I happily borrowed it, plus 3 cookbooks, and went home. Of course the kids needed books too, so E got some books on magic and was trying to make coins disappear all evening.

One of my oldest and dearest friends is moving away and is having her goodbye party on Saturday. My Father in Law decided he was having Thanksgiving on Saturday. Hopefully we are done eating early enough for me to stop by the party! Isn't it funny how you can have nothing planned at all, then as soon as you make a commitment to something you end up with more than one thing at that same time? Anyhow, I am trying to figure out what to bring to dinner. I am thinking an appetizer. Maybe spinach and artichoke dip? Or stuffed mushrooms? Any ideas from the peanut gallery?

Back to work I supppose...

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

My husband does all the heavy-duty cleaning like mopping and vacuuming, and I do the straightening up and day-to-day stuff. It works for us. That is sweet that you found the dishwasher done. That task falls to the two I still have at home--my 19 and 22 year old sons.
Hey, I hopped over here from another blog (and I already forgot the name--I'm 53, senility happens) and I noticed you want a Magic Bullet. I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE mine! I use it all the time. It's great for smoothies, salad dressing, chopping nuts and beating eggs, and more. Really, it's one of those rare items that actually works just as the infomercial promises. It's a great investment and I hope you get one.
I also love my Kitchenaid stand mixer. She is the workhorse of my kitchen. I hope you are enjoying yours!