I must get back into menu planning. A: It will make my life easier with a baby if I know what I have to do for dinner that night. B: It will save us money because I will know what I need for groceries that week and not be throwing out rotten vegetables by the end of the week. C: it will save us money because when someone asks me at 5pm "What's for supper?" my answer won't be "Oh shit, I forgot to take something out. Do you want McDonald's or Pizza?" and D: It will help me lose weight. See C for why. LOL.
So, when planning a menu for the week I think about a few things.
- What do I have in my freezer for protein?
- Ground Beef
- Steak (already marinated)
- Pork Chops
- Beef Roast
- Hot dogs
- What is the forecast for the week?
- Monday: Hot with possible thundershowers
- Tuesday: Nice and Sunny
- Wednesday: Mild with showers off and on
- Thursday: Same as Wednesday
- Friday: Showers
- What nights do we have stuff going on?
- Tuesday I have a late afternoon doctor's appt and my son has Karate. Rush Night!!! Friday is my Birthday. I am NOT cooking.
Sunday: BBQ pork chops, perogies, corn
Monday: Hot dog bites, beans, fries
Tuesday: Spaghetti, salad
Wednesday: steak, roasted potatoes, asparagus
Thursday: BLT's and home fries
Friday: Either dinner out or pizza in
Saturday: I am going out. Jay and the kids will eat leftovers or I will make them grilled cheese before I leave
Sunday: BBQ ribs for Father's day! (At my parents)
The best part about this menu is I only need the following groceries!