Sunday, June 12, 2011

1st Weekly Menu Planning Sunday Extravaganza!

Ever notice if you add "Extravaganza!" to the end of an activity it makes it sound more fun?  :)

I must get back into menu planning.  A:  It will make my life easier with a baby if I know what I have to do for dinner that night.  B:  It will save us money because I will know what I need for groceries that week and not be throwing out rotten vegetables by the end of the week.  C:  it will save us money because when someone asks me at 5pm "What's for supper?" my answer won't be "Oh shit, I forgot to take something out.  Do you want McDonald's or Pizza?" and D:  It will help me lose weight.  See C for why.  LOL.

So, when planning a menu for the week I think about a few things. 
  • What do I have in my freezer for protein?
    • Ground Beef
    • Steak (already marinated)
    • Pork Chops
    • Beef Roast
    • Shrimp
    • Hot dogs
  • What is the forecast for the week?
    • Monday:  Hot with possible thundershowers
    • Tuesday:  Nice and Sunny
    • Wednesday:  Mild with showers off and on
    • Thursday:  Same as Wednesday
    • Friday:  Showers
  • What nights do we have stuff going on?
    • Tuesday I have a late afternoon doctor's appt and my son has Karate.  Rush Night!!!  Friday is my Birthday.  I am NOT cooking.
So, tonight is the night before I go for groceries.  It's supposed to be mainly sunny and 21 degrees today.  Sounds like BBQ! 

Sunday:  BBQ pork chops, perogies, corn
Monday:  Hot dog bites, beans, fries
Tuesday:  Spaghetti, salad
Wednesday:  steak, roasted potatoes, asparagus
Thursday:  BLT's and home fries
Friday:  Either dinner out or pizza in
Saturday:  I am going out.  Jay and the kids will eat leftovers or I will make them grilled cheese before I leave
Sunday:  BBQ ribs for Father's day! (At my parents)

The best part about this menu is I only need the following groceries!
  • Bread
  • Tomato
  • Lettuce
  • asparagus
  • cheese
Happy Menu Planning!

No comments: