Saturday, February 13, 2010

Reason #8426 why my life is a gong show.

Wow!  What a busy day!

We started out with a nice breakfast, then we got rolling. 

The kids and I went and delivered our paper route.  Then we came home and E went and changed into her full brownie uniform for an event later in the day.  Then it was off to the library where we dropped off the books due today.  I meant to have time to get new books out but I looked at my watch and realized we had to choose between that and eating lunch, so we ducked into the mall on the other side of the library and grabbed some food.  Then it was off to drop E off at a play where she was meeting her brownie group.  The Children's Theatre was putting on 101 dalmations and a couple of her brownie mates were playing puppies!  T and I headed to Walmart to pick up a Birthday present for a friend of his and managed to get a Valentine's present for Hubby, a few groceries, 2 bar stools for my kitchen, and a few other random things.  I hate Walmart.  I always spend at least twice what I intend to when I walk in.  LOL!  We wrapped the birthday present in the car and went and picked up E, then Terry got dropped off at the local rec center for the birthday party and E and I came home. 

My darling husband had supper going and did dishes while we were gone!  I was so amazed!  :)  I made sure to tell him how much I appreciated it.  I practically gushed.  Ok, actually I told him I loved him just a little bit more for it.  I was telling my sister and she said "Oh, he got pizza?"  LOL.  That's what it usually means when he "makes" supper.  But he actually got frozen cabbage rolls made by real local Babas and made homemade tomato sauce to go over them and had them baking in the oven AND did dishes!!!  I really do love this man.  Then he built the two new stools I bought!  I tidied up the house a bit and went to get T from the party.  Then we had supper. 

After supper I decided I needed to sit down!  What a busy day after being sick for the 4 days previous!  But everything was perfectly timed and executed and nobody was late for anything (which MAY be a first for me!) 

We watched the movie Aliens in the Attic.  It was hilarious!  I highly recommend it.  I think it's PG13 though, so if you have kids that scare easily I don't recommend it.  We all enjoyed it though, so it was a great family movie!

Phew, another day done at the gong show.

Good thing Sunday is a day of rest!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I ♥ that you got spoiled...you deserve it!