Today for Tasty Tuesday I would like to share a recipe I made last week that my whole family devoured! There were hardly any leftovers at all!
The original recipe is from "Life's On Fire" cookbook by Sandi Richards, whoever I did modify it quite a bit.
Chicken Pot Pie
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground sage
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp thyme leaves
1-1/2 Tbsp butter or margarine
1-1/2 Tbsp flour
1 cup 1% milk
1/2 to 3/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
Biscuits (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick wok or stove-top pot on med-high.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and gradually add to pan as you chop.Toss until meat is no longer pink.
- Chop onion (finely) and add to pan. Wash and slice mushrooms, adding to meat pan as you cut. Add spices and stir.
- Add to pan in this order: butter, flour and gradually add milk. Stir until thickened.
- Stir in broth.
- Rinse vegetables under cold water in a colander. Add vegetables to meat pan, stirring until mixed. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes. Make biscuits. Pour this entire mixture into a rectangular oven-safe baking dish or pan.
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon sugar, if desired
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
1/3 cup milk plus 1 TBSP
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk until dough leaves side of bowl (dough will be soft and sticky).
- On lightly floured surface, gently roll dough in flour to coat. Knead lightly 10 times. Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick. Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
For more great Tasty Tuesday Recipes check THIS out!